Privacy and Confidentiality
Your privacy is important to me and is protected by Federal and State Laws as well as Professional Ethics. The matter of privacy and ethics is also the cornerstone and foundation of trust in our relationship. However, there are some legal exceptions to confidentiality; where I would be bound by law and ethics to take steps to protect you or another individual.
These exceptions include:
1) Where there is a reasonable suspicion of child abuse/neglect or elder adult abuse/neglect
2) Where there is a reasonable suspicion that you may present a danger of violence to others
3) Where there is a reasonable suspicion that you are likely to harm yourself unless protective measures are taken
4) Where I am served a subpoena to testify about your case
5) Where there is a need for me to report to a third party (such as an insurance company) in order to receive payment
Please feel free to ask any questions about your right to privacy and confidentiality.
Please note that emails you send or information you transmit via this website may not be HIPPA compliant.